- For animal bites please call 911 or our non-emergency line at 617-796-2100 and speak to the dispatcher.
- Do not leave a message on the Animal Control voice mail.
- An officer will respond to take the report.
- Dogs and Cats need to be quarantined; you can quarantine at your home.
- If we can find the wild animal we will test it for rabies.
On Private Property
- Place the animal in a plastic bag and set the bag near the curb in the front of your residence. Wear gloves to prevent direct contact with the animal.
- Call Newton City Hall at 617-796-1000 and Customer Service will notify DPW to pick up the animal.
- The dead animal can also be placed in your trash container.
- If you are unable to bag the animal or place it at the curb, notify customer service.
On Public Property
- Call Newton City Hall Customer Service at 617-796-1000 with the location of the animal.
You Can Also Use Newton311
1. Click Here! Then click on Miscellaneous