If You Lose Power
Information on Snow Storm
- Residents are encouraged to check www.newtonma.gov for updates on the timing of snow emergencies, potential building closures and trash delays, or any additional information related to the storm.
- Any snow-related issues may be reported to the City by utilizing the online 311 reporting system at http://www.newtonma.gov/gov/311.asp or by using the 311 app.
- Any power outages should be reported to Eversource at 800-592-2000.
- As always, emergencies should be reported by calling 911.
- Please be reminded that City ordinance requires all residents to clear their sidewalk within 24 hours of the conclusion of the storm.
- Due to the storm and the holiday season trash pickups are delayed. Please visit the Environmental Affairs pages for details.
- Additional snow information can be found here.
Stay informed in the event of an emergency
Newton residents and businesses are encouraged to submit their contact information and address to allow the City to broadcast critical information regarding storms, evacuations, trash pickup delays and major road closures.
Please visit newtonma.gov/CodeRed to submit your information.
Please add Code Red to your contacts list on your smartphone with a number of 855-969-4636 to assure you are not receiving an unwanted call.