Seeking member for the Financial Audit Advisory Committee
The President of the Board of Aldermen seeks a Newton resident with financial expertise to serve as a citizen member of the Board of Aldermen's Financial Audit Advisory Committee. This is a volunteer position with a three-year term. The Committee meets approximately ten times per year. The duties include:
- Recommending to the Board of Aldermen appointment of registered public accounting firms employed by the City for auditing and financial review.
- Assisting in oversight of registered public accounting firms employed by the City for auditing and financial review.
- Assisting in resolving any disagreements between the City and the auditor regarding financial reporting.
- Helping pre-approve auditing and non-audit services by outside firms.
- Advising the Board about when it is appropriate to request funding from the Mayor to retain independent counsel, accountants, or others to advise the Financial Audit Advisory Committee.
- Requesting information from employees or external parties.
- Meeting with City officials, external auditors, or outside counsel, as necessary.
The Financial Audit Advisory Committee will report and make recommendations to the Finance Committee.
If you are interested in volunteering for this committee, please e-mail your resume and a statement about why you would like to serve by October 12th to City Clerk David Olson at email@example.com