The City of Newton has lifted the snow emergency effective 7:00 p.m. on Saturday, January 24th
Residents are asked to be aware of the following winter weather reminders:
· If a snow emergency is declared, on-street parking is prohibited to allow plows to thoroughly clear the streets. Cars left on the street during a Snow Emergency are subject to tow.
· For snow related requests, residents are asked to utilize our online reporting system by visiting www.newtonma.gov and clicking on the 311 icon. You can also download the 311 app to your smartphone from the homepage.
· Please be sure to check on elderly neighbors and friends who may need assistance.
· Within 30 hours of the end of a storm, residents are required to clear paved sidewalks abutting their property.
· Homeowners who are both physically and financially unable to clear their sidewalk may qualify for the Snow Exemption Program. For more information, please call the Department of Senior Services at 617-796-1660.
· For information on qualifications for fuel assistance, please visit www.newtonma.gov/fuelassistance.
· Please ensure that dryer and heating vents are not blocked by snow.
· As always, any emergencies should be reported by calling 911.
· Any power outages should be reported to NSTAR at 1-800-592-2000.
· For more information, please visit www.newtonma.gov/snow.