Trash and Recycling Collections in the snow
03/08/13 - Collections are on schedule
February 11, 2013
Helpful tips to consider during times of snow to assist you and your collector:
- Place items for collection out to the curb by 7am on your collection day
- As in the past, the solid waste collection personnel are not required to climb snow banks. Carts must be accessible from the street by the automated arm, the carts cannot be behind a snow bank. Please place your carts in a clear spot, such as at the foot of your driveway or shovel out a designated spot.
- If it is snowing on your collection day, please do not place your carts in the street or on a sidewalk if it plowed by the City.
However, if the following situations exist, carts will not be collected until your next regular collection day. We ask that you take it in until that time.
- If trash and recyclables were placed curbside after the trucks passed the route, the trucks will not return.
- In many instances, trash and recyclables are buried in the snow due to amount of snowfall, drifts or snow plowing operations. All reasonable attempts will be made to extract the material from the snow.
- If trash and recyclables have been placed on a high mountain of plowed snow, climbing the mountain to obtain the material is a safety issue.
Please see our FAQ section for more information
Click here to see a picture guide of Do's and Don'ts for placing your carts curbside on your collection day.
We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.