Meet our Social Services Case Manager
The Social Service case manager at the Newton Senior Center is committed to enhancing the quality of life for all Newton seniors. We offer comprehensive social work assessments, outreach services, and information and referral.
After you turn 60, you may be eligible for the following benefits, programs and services. We can help you access:
- Home Care Services that include assistance with house cleaning, laundry, meal preparation, grocery shopping, and personal care
- Fuel Assistance to help with heating costs; Utility Discounts for telephone, gas and electric bills
- Subsidized Apartments or other housing options, including long term care facility resources
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), which can help you pay for your groceries each month
- Confidential referrals to services to help you cope with issues such as retirement, aging, illness, bereavement, family relationships, etc.
- Commodity Supplemental Foods program for eligible seniors to receive 2 bags of shelf-stable groceries each month
- Applications to food pantries within Newton
- Caregiver Support for family members needing resources and support for the senior for whom they provide care
If you have questions….
Want to schedule an appointment with our case manager?
Contact Emily Kuhl at 617-796-1672 or email email@example.com
Commodity Foods Application:
Commodity Supplemental Food Program Application
Commodity Supplemental Food Proxy Form