Meet our Social Services Staff
The Social Service staff at the Senior Center is committed to enhancing the quality of life for all Newton seniors. We offer comprehensive social work assessments, outreach services, and information and referral.
After you turn 60, you may be eligible for the following benefits, programs and services. We can help you access:
- Home Care Services that include assistance with house cleaning, laundry, meal preparation, grocery shopping, and personal care
- Fuel Assistance to help with heating costs; Utility Discounts for telephone, gas and electric bills
- Subsidized Apartments or other housing options
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), which can help you pay for your groceries each month
- Confidential Counseling Services to help you cope with issues such as retirement, aging, illness, bereavement, family relationships, etc.
If you have questions….
Want to schedule an appointment with one of our staff members?
Contact Emily Kuhl at 617-796-1672 or email firstname.lastname@example.org