|1000 Commonwealth Avenue |
Newton, MA 02459
|Amanda Stout, AICP |
Senior Economic Development Planner
Welcome to Newton!
Newton prides itself on being a business-friendly City. We are actively working to ensure that all of our village centers and commercial corridors are sustainable, vibrant places by supporting small business-owners, revitalizing our cherished village centers, expanding the Citys commercial tax base, and working proactively with developers who want to locate mixed-use development in Newton. Newton is both a desirable residential community and a top-notch business location. I have a point person right in City Hall to take your questions and comments about doing business in our City; contact Amanda Stout, Senior Economic Development Planner, at 617-796-1127 or email@example.com. Finally, I encourage you to visit the many fine shops, restaurants, and services that are located right here in the Garden City.
Very truly yours,
Setti D. Warren, Mayor
Mayor Setti Warren and winners of the 2012 Economic Development Commission Business Excellence Awards
News ~ Celebrate National Small Business Month in May! ~
- SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans are available to Newton small businesses who were affected by the Boston Marathon bombings in April 2013. For more information visit: http://www.sba.gov/about-offices-content/2/3162/news/597001
- The Women's Enterprise Initiative presents "You Need a Business Plan!" on Wednesday, May 1st at 6:15 p.m. at the Newton Free Library. More information please click here
- Small Business Month Symposium "The Dynamics of Small Business in a Changing Environment" featuring Darryl Settles, EDC Chairman, on Thursday, May 2nd, sponsored by Lasell College Small Business Institute and the Newton Needham Chamber of Commerce. More information please click here.
- "How to do Business in Newton or Needham" on Thursday, May 9th at 7:30 a.m., sponsored by the Newton Needham Chamber of Commerce. More information please click here.
- The next Economic Development Commission meeting will be on Tuesday, May 14th at 7:30 p.m. in Room 209 at Newton City Hall. More information please click here
- The Community Engagement Team is partnering with business owners and residents on a variety of short-term projects in our villages. Learn about upcoming meetings and ways to get involved at Community Engagement.
- The Board of License Commissioners meets on the third Tuesday of every month: Licensing.
- The Urban Design Commission meets on the third Wednesday of every month: UDC.
- To receive updates on community meetings, new businesses in the City, and other economic development news, follow us on Twitter @NewtonEconDev.