There has been a lot of interest in "modern roundabouts," which are different from rotaries and traffic circles. The Planning Department is posting information here to help explain this concept.
Videos produced by the Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) about modern roundabouts available on youtube:
- Part 1: Roundabouts: What they are and what they aren't (1:41)
- Part 2: How do I drive a roundabout (3:41)
- Part 3: Pedestrians and cyclists (0:57)
- Part 4: Safety Benefits (1:02)
- Part 5: What does this mean for me? (1:11)