About This Page
- The links below lead to pages with contact information & the full text of major documents about each proposal or project. Housing projects are listed here by street name. Documents are posted as submitted, without proofreading or editing. If a link is missing or does not work, please contact staff for assistance.
- After clicking on each link, you may need to scroll down to find the current project -- some pages include multiple projects or multiple funding phases for a single project.
Pending Pre- & Full Proposals
For a summary of all current pre- and full proposals, see this link: Reports - Current: Pending Pre- & Full Proposals.
Pre-Proposals Submitted to the CPC
These projects have submitted pre-proposals for public discussion by the CPC but have not yet submitted full proposals for CPC public hearings and funding votes:
- Stanton Avenue Senior Housing / Golda Meir House Expansion [Auburndale] - The CPC has agreed to consider an off-cycle full proposal from Jewish Community Housing for the Elderly (JCHE) for $3.25 million in CPA funding. This proposal is expected by September 9 for a public hearing and possible funding vote on 9 October 2018.
Full Proposals Currently Pending Before the CPC
The CPC makes each full proposal available on this website for at least 1 month prior to holding a public hearing on the proposal.
- Crescent Street affordable housing & playground/park [Auburndale/West Newton], request for $2,575,000 in additional CPA funds - At the sponsor's request, the CPC has deferred any funding vote on the proposal. The CPC has also sent a memo summarizing its comments and concerns to the Mayor, City Council, and Crescent Street Working Group.
- 300 Hammond Pond Parkway/Webster Woods [Newton Centre/Chestnut Hill] - This proposal from the City of Newton / Newton Conservation Commission for $100,000 in CPA funding for professional services related to the preservation of open space at this site is scheduled for a PUBLIC HEARING and possible CPC funding vote on 13 September 2018.
CPC Recommendations Pending Before the City Council
To confirm when the Council and its committees will discuss each recommendation below, please contact Council staff directly, using the contact information in Council Committees That Review CPC Recommendations, under Committees & Meetings - City Council on this page.
- Jackson Road New Senior Housing / Haywood House [Newton Corner] - On 10 July 2018 the CPC voted unanimously to recommend the $3 million in CPA funding requested by the Newton Housing Authority for this project. The CPC recommendation has now been docketed with the City Council, which will refer it to Council committees for discussion in September 2018.
Active Funded Projects
The City Council has appropriated funds for these projects, based on the CPC's recommendations. For a summary of all funded projects underway, see this link: Reports - Current: Active Funded Projects.
Completed or Canceled Projects
- Accessory Apartment Incentive Program (community housing) Canceled March 2009.
- Albemarle Park & Cheesecake Brook Projects (open space, recreation)
Including: Albemarle Community Commons (outdoor classroom), Cheesecake Brook Greenway, & Gath Pool
- Allen House, Partial Occupancy (historic resources)
- Angino Farm [Newton Community Farm] (historic resources, open space, recreation)
- Archaeology Survey (historic resources)
- Historic Art & Artifacts, including City Hall - Mayor Hyde Portrait (historic resources)
- Bowen Projects: Bowen Field [Parks & Recreation Dept.] & Bowen Park Initiative [Bowen School] (recreation)
- Brigham House (historic resources)
- Cabot Community Park [Cabot School] (recreation)
- Cambria Road [West Newton] (community housing)
- Chestnut Street (Millhouse Commons) [Newton Upper Falls] (community housing)
- Christina Street [Newton Highlands] (community housing)
- City Archives (historic resources)
Including City Archives - Strategic Plan and collections held at: City Hall, Newton Free Library, History Museum, and other City departments
- City Hall (historic resources)
Including: balustrade, landscape, lighting, windows, auditorium stairs
- City Historic Buildings Survey (historic resources)
- Civil War Monument [City-owned lot in private Newton Cemetery] (historic resources)
- Commonwealth Avenue - Covenant Residences [Chestnut Hill] (community housing)
- Commonwealth Avenue - Veteran House [Auburndale] (community housing)
- Crafts Street Stable (historic resources)
- Crescent Street [Auburndale/West Newton] (affordable housing and community playground/park) - site assessment
- Crystal Lake (historic resources, open space, recreation)
Including: 20 Rogers Street, 230 Lake Avenue
- Dolan Pond & Forte Property [Webster Park, West Newton] (open space, community housing)
- Durant-Kenrick Homestead (historic resources) -- see also other Historic Newton projects
- Eddy Street [Newtonville/West Newton] (community housing)
- Elgin Street Conservation Land (open space)
- Elliot Street (Linden Green) [Newton Upper Falls] (community housing, historic resources)
- Falmouth & Jackson Roads [West Newton and Newton Corner] (community housing)
- Forte Park [Nonantum] (recreation)
- Flowed Meadow Conservation Area (open space)
Including: 30 Wabasso Street
- Gath Pool (recreation)
- Heritage Landscapes Report (historic resources, open space, recreation)
- Historic Newton projects (historic resources), including Museum Archives & Museum Exterior
- Historic Preservation Guidelines (program administration)
- Houghton Garden (historic resources)
- Kesseler Woods (open space - final debt service payment in Fiscal 2014)
- Lexington Street (Parkview Homes) [Auburndale] (community housing)
- Local Historic Districts Signage [Newtonville & Newton Upper Falls] (historic resources)
- Memorial-Spaulding School, Kayla's Garden Outdoor Classroom (recreation)
- Museum Archives, Accessibility & Fire Protection (historic resources) - Historic Newton
- Museum Exterior Preservation (historic resources) - Historic Newton
- Newton Centre Library Building [most recently occupied by Newton Health Dept.] (historic resources)
- Newton Centre Playground (recreation)
- Newton Corner Library Building (historic resources)
- Newton Highlands Playground (recreation)
- Newton Senior Center Park (recreation)
- Newton Upper Falls Playground (recreation)
- Pearl Street [Newton Corner] (community housing)
- Pelham Street (Pelham House) [Newton Centre] (community housing)
- Recreation & Open Space Plan (open space)
- Stearns & Pellegrini Parks [Nonantum] (recreation)
- Taft Avenue [West Newton] (affordable housing)
- Warren House (historic resources)
- Washington Park Historic Lighting [Newtonville] (historic resources)
- Watertown Street (Nonantum Village Place) [Nonantum] (community housing)
- West Newton Common (recreation)
- West Street [Nonantum] (community housing)
- Wellington Park (recreation)
- WPA Mural [Newton North High School, Newtonville] (historic resources)
- Wyman Street Apartments [Waban] (community housing)
- West Suburban YMCA Historic Windows [Newton Corner] (historic resources)