About This Page
- The links below lead to pages with contact information & the full text of major documents about each proposal or project. Housing projects are listed here by street name. Documents are posted as submitted, without proofreading or editing. If a link is missing or does not work, please contact staff for assistance.
- After clicking on each link, you may need to scroll down to find the current project -- some pages include multiple projects or multiple funding phases for a single project.
Pending Pre- & Full Proposals
For the most up-to-date status of all pre- & full proposals, use this link: Reports - Current: Pending Pre- & Full Proposals.
Pre-Proposals Submitted to the CPC
These projects have submitted pre-proposals for public discussion by the CPC but have not yet submitted full proposals for CPC public hearings and funding votes:
- Jackson Road New Senior Housing [Newton Corner] Newton Housing Authority - After its March 2016 pre-proposal discussion, on 8 December 2016 the CPC voted to consider a full proposal off-cycle (ahead of the regular fall 2017 funding round).
- Echo Bridge Historic Railing [Newton Upper Falls and Needham], historic reconstruction proposal from Massachusetts Water Resources Authority - On 8 December 2016 the CPC voted to consider a full proposal in its regular fall 2017 funding round.
- Auburn Street [Auburndale] housing & historic preservation, Citizens for Affordable Housing Development in Newton (CAN-DO) - This project is in revision, so the CPC did not discuss the November 2016 pre-proposal in detail. If a new pre-proposal is submitted for future discussion, it will be posted here.
Full Proposals Currently Pending Before the CPC
The CPC makes each full proposal available on this website for at least 1 month prior to holding a public hearing on the proposal.
CPC Recommendations Pending Before the City Council
To confirm when the Council and its committees will discuss each recommendation below, please contact Council staff directly using the contact information in Council Committees That Review CPC Recommendations, under Committees & Meetings - City Council on this website.
- Crescent Street [West Newton] (affordable housing and community park) - feasibility & design funding
Active Funded Projects
The City Council has appropriated funds for these projects, based on the CPC's recommendations. For most up-to-date status, use this link: Reports - Current: Active Funded Projects.
Completed or Canceled Projects
- Accessory Apartment Incentive Program (community housing) Canceled March 2009.
- Albemarle Park & Cheesecake Brook Projects (open space, recreation)
Including: Albemarle Community Commons (outdoor classroom), Cheesecake Brook Greenway, & Gath Pool
- Allen House, Partial Occupancy (historic resources)
- Angino Farm [Newton Community Farm] (historic resources, open space, recreation)
- Archaeology Survey (historic resources)
- Historic Art & Artifacts, including City Hall - Mayor Hyde Portrait (historic resources)
- Bowen Projects: Bowen Field [Parks & Recreation Dept.] & Bowen Park Initiative [Bowen School] (recreation)
- Brigham House (historic resources)
- Cabot Community Park [Cabot School] (recreation)
- Cambria Road [West Newton] (community housing)
- Chestnut Street (Millhouse Commons) [Newton Upper Falls] (community housing)
- Christina Street [Newton Highlands] (community housing)
- City Archives (historic resources)
Including City Archives - Strategic Plan and collections held at: City Hall, Newton Free Library, History Museum, and other City departments
- City Hall (historic resources)
Including: balustrade, landscape, lighting, windows, auditorium stairs
- City Historic Buildings Survey (historic resources)
- Civil War Monument [Newton Cemetery] (historic resources)
- Commonwealth Avenue - Covenant Residences [Chestnut Hill] (community housing)
- Commonwealth Avenue - Veteran House [Auburndale] (community housing)
- Crafts Street Stable (historic resources)
- Crystal Lake (historic resources, open space, recreation)
Including: 20 Rogers Street, 230 Lake Avenue
- Dolan Pond & Forte Property [Webster Park, West Newton] (open space, community housing)
- Durant-Kenrick Homestead (historic resources) -- see also other Historic Newton projects
- Eddy Street [Newtonville/West Newton] (community housing)
- Elgin Street Conservation Land (open space)
- Elliot Street (Linden Green) [Newton Upper Falls] (community housing, historic resources)
- Falmouth & Jackson Roads [West Newton and Newton Corner] (community housing)
- Forte Park [Nonantum] (recreation)
- Flowed Meadow Conservation Area (open space)
Including: 30 Wabasso Street
- Gath Pool (recreation)
- Heritage Landscapes Report (historic resources, open space, recreation)
- Historic Newton projects (historic resources), including: Museum Archives, Accessibility & Fire Protection
- Historic Preservation Guidelines (program administration)
- Houghton Garden (historic resources)
- Kesseler Woods (open space; housing as a secondary community benefit)
- Lexington Street (Parkview Homes) [Auburndale] (community housing)
- Local Historic Districts Signage [Newtonville & Newton Upper Falls] (historic resources)
- Memorial-Spaulding School, Kayla's Garden Outdoor Classroom (recreation)
- Museum Exterior Preservation (historic resources) - Historic Newton
- Newton Centre Library Building [most recently occupied by Newton Health Dept.] (historic resources)
- Newton Centre Playground (recreation)
- Newton Corner Library Building (historic resources)
- Newton Highlands Playground (recreation)
- Newton Senior Center Park (recreation)
- Newton Upper Falls Playground (recreation)
- Pearl Street [Newton Corner] (community housing)
- Pelham Street (Pelham House) [Newton Centre] (community housing)
- Recreation & Open Space Plan (open space)
- Stearns & Pellegrini Parks [Nonantum] (recreation)
- Warren House (historic resources)
- Washington Park Historic Lighting [Newtonville] (historic resources)
- Watertown Street (Nonantum Village Place) [Nonantum] (community housing)
- West Newton Common (recreation)
- West Street [Nonantum] (community housing)
- Wellington Park (recreation)
- Wyman Street Apartments [Waban] (community housing)
- West Suburban YMCA Historic Windows [Newton Corner] (historic resources)