About This Page
- The links below lead to pages with contact information & the full text of major documents about each proposal or project. Housing projects are listed here by street name. Documents are posted as submitted, without proofreading or editing. If a link is missing or does not work, please contact staff for assistance.
- After clicking on each link, you may need to scroll down to find the current project -- some pages include multiple projects or multiple funding phases for a single project.
Pending Pre- & Full Proposals
For a summary of all current pre- and full proposals, see this link: Reports - Current: Pending Pre- & Full Proposals.
Pre-Proposals Submitted to the CPC
These projects have submitted pre-proposals for public discussion by the CPC but have not yet submitted full proposals for CPC public hearings and funding votes:
- Jackson Road New Senior Housing (Haywood House) [Newton Corner] Newton Housing Authority - At its 8 June 2017 meeting, the CPC agreed to consider an off-cycle full proposal for this project on 9 August 2017, if the proposal is received by 9 July 2017.
- Echo Bridge Historic Railing [Newton Upper Falls and Needham], historic reconstruction, Massachusetts Water Resources Authority - The CPC has agreed to consider a full proposal for this project in its regular fall 2017 funding round. The Town of Needham will make its decision about CPA funds requested there in spring 2017. For links to Needham's CPA program, click on the project title above.
- Newton Cemetery, Whipple-Beal Cast Iron Fence [Newton Centre] - The CPC agreed on 31 May 2017 to consider a full proposal for this project in its regular fall 2017 funding round.
Full Proposals Currently Pending Before the CPC
The CPC makes each full proposal available on this website for at least 1 month prior to holding a public hearing on the proposal.
CPC Recommendations Pending Before the City Council
To confirm when the Council and its committees will discuss each recommendation below, please contact Council staff directly using the contact information in Council Committees That Review CPC Recommendations, under Committees & Meetings - City Council on this website.
- Auburn Street [Auburndale] housing & historic preservation, Citizens for Affordable Housing Development in Newton (CAN-DO) and Barry Price Center - CPC public hearing held 31 May 2017, funding recommended on 8 June 2017
Active Funded Projects
The City Council has appropriated funds for these projects, based on the CPC's recommendations. For a summary of all funded projects underway, see this link: Reports - Current: Active Funded Projects.
Completed or Canceled Projects
- Accessory Apartment Incentive Program (community housing) Canceled March 2009.
- Albemarle Park & Cheesecake Brook Projects (open space, recreation)
Including: Albemarle Community Commons (outdoor classroom), Cheesecake Brook Greenway, & Gath Pool
- Allen House, Partial Occupancy (historic resources)
- Angino Farm [Newton Community Farm] (historic resources, open space, recreation)
- Archaeology Survey (historic resources)
- Historic Art & Artifacts, including City Hall - Mayor Hyde Portrait (historic resources)
- Bowen Projects: Bowen Field [Parks & Recreation Dept.] & Bowen Park Initiative [Bowen School] (recreation)
- Brigham House (historic resources)
- Cabot Community Park [Cabot School] (recreation)
- Cambria Road [West Newton] (community housing)
- Chestnut Street (Millhouse Commons) [Newton Upper Falls] (community housing)
- Christina Street [Newton Highlands] (community housing)
- City Archives (historic resources)
Including City Archives - Strategic Plan and collections held at: City Hall, Newton Free Library, History Museum, and other City departments
- City Hall (historic resources)
Including: balustrade, landscape, lighting, windows, auditorium stairs
- City Historic Buildings Survey (historic resources)
- Civil War Monument [City-owned lot in private Newton Cemetery] (historic resources)
- Commonwealth Avenue - Covenant Residences [Chestnut Hill] (community housing)
- Commonwealth Avenue - Veteran House [Auburndale] (community housing)
- Crafts Street Stable (historic resources)
- Crescent Street [Auburndale/West Newton] (affordable housing and community playground/park) - site assessment
- Crystal Lake (historic resources, open space, recreation)
Including: 20 Rogers Street, 230 Lake Avenue
- Dolan Pond & Forte Property [Webster Park, West Newton] (open space, community housing)
- Durant-Kenrick Homestead (historic resources) -- see also other Historic Newton projects
- Eddy Street [Newtonville/West Newton] (community housing)
- Elgin Street Conservation Land (open space)
- Elliot Street (Linden Green) [Newton Upper Falls] (community housing, historic resources)
- Falmouth & Jackson Roads [West Newton and Newton Corner] (community housing)
- Forte Park [Nonantum] (recreation)
- Flowed Meadow Conservation Area (open space)
Including: 30 Wabasso Street
- Gath Pool (recreation)
- Heritage Landscapes Report (historic resources, open space, recreation)
- Historic Newton projects (historic resources), including Museum Archives & Museum Exterior
- Historic Preservation Guidelines (program administration)
- Houghton Garden (historic resources)
- Kesseler Woods (open space; housing as a secondary community benefit)
- Lexington Street (Parkview Homes) [Auburndale] (community housing)
- Local Historic Districts Signage [Newtonville & Newton Upper Falls] (historic resources)
- Memorial-Spaulding School, Kayla's Garden Outdoor Classroom (recreation)
- Museum Archives, Accessibility & Fire Protection (historic resources) - Historic Newton
- Museum Exterior Preservation (historic resources) - Historic Newton
- Newton Centre Library Building [most recently occupied by Newton Health Dept.] (historic resources)
- Newton Centre Playground (recreation)
- Newton Corner Library Building (historic resources)
- Newton Highlands Playground (recreation)
- Newton Senior Center Park (recreation)
- Newton Upper Falls Playground (recreation)
- Pearl Street [Newton Corner] (community housing)
- Pelham Street (Pelham House) [Newton Centre] (community housing)
- Recreation & Open Space Plan (open space)
- Stearns & Pellegrini Parks [Nonantum] (recreation)
- Warren House (historic resources)
- Washington Park Historic Lighting [Newtonville] (historic resources)
- Watertown Street (Nonantum Village Place) [Nonantum] (community housing)
- West Newton Common (recreation)
- West Street [Nonantum] (community housing)
- Wellington Park (recreation)
- Wyman Street Apartments [Waban] (community housing)
- West Suburban YMCA Historic Windows [Newton Corner] (historic resources)