About This Page
- The links below lead to pages with contact information & the full text of major documents about each proposal or project. Housing projects are listed here by street name. Documents are posted as submitted, without proofreading or editing. If a link is missing or does not work, please contact staff for assistance.
- After clicking on each link, you may need to scroll down to find the current project -- some pages include multiple projects or multiple funding phases for a single project.
Pending Pre- & Full Proposals
For the most up-to-date status of all pre- & full proposals, use this link: Reports - Current: Pending Pre- & Full Proposals.
CPC Recommendations Pending Before the City Council
To confirm when the Council and its committees will discuss each recommendation below, please contact Council staff directly. Their contact information is included in Council Committees That Review CPC Recommendations, under Committees & Meetings - City Council on this website.
Full Proposals Currently Pending Before the CPC
The CPC makes each full proposal available on this website for at least 1 month prior to holding a public hearing on the proposal.
- Newton Highlands Playground Rehabilitation (recreation), construction funding -- The CPC recommendation docketed with the City Council in December 2015 is currently on hold at the request of the Parks & Recreation Dept., pending their submission of a revised funding request to the CPC.
Pre-Proposals Submitted to the CPC
These projects have submitted pre-proposals for advisory discussions with the CPC.
In March 2016, the sponsor notified the CPC that the Cherry Street [West Newton] affordable housing pre-proposal, which the CPC discussed in February 2016, is no longer active.
The City Council has appropriated funds for these projects, based on the CPC's recommendations. For most up-to-date status, use this link: Reports - Current: Active Funded Projects.
Completed or Canceled Projects
- Accessory Apartment Incentive Program (community housing) Canceled March 2009.
- Albemarle Park & Cheesecake Brook Projects (open space, recreation)
Including: Albemarle Community Commons (outdoor classroom), Cheesecake Brook Greenway, & Gath Pool
- Allen House, Partial Occupancy (historic resources)
- Angino Farm [Newton Community Farm] (historic resources, open space, recreation)
- Archaeology Survey (historic resources)
- Historic Art & Artifacts, including City Hall - Mayor Hyde Portrait (historic resources)
- Bowen Projects: Bowen Field [Parks & Recreation Dept.] & Bowen Park Initiative [Bowen School] (recreation)
- Brigham House (historic resources)
- Cabot Community Park [Cabot School] (recreation)
- Cambria Road [West Newton] (community housing)
- Chestnut Street (Millhouse Commons) [Newton Upper Falls] (community housing)
- Christina Street [Newton Highlands] (community housing)
- City Archives (historic resources)
Including City Archives - Strategic Plan and collections held at: City Hall, Newton Free Library, History Museum, and other City departments
- City Hall (historic resources)
Including: balustrade, landscape, lighting, windows, auditorium stairs
- City Historic Buildings Survey (historic resources)
- Civil War Monument [Newton Cemetery] (historic resources)
- Commonwealth Avenue - 33 Comm (Covenant Residences) [Chestnut Hill] (community housing)
- Commonwealth Avenue - Veteran House [Auburndale] (community housing)
- Crafts Street Stable (historic resources)
- Crystal Lake (historic resources, open space, recreation)
Including: 20 Rogers Street, 230 Lake Avenue
- Dolan Pond & Forte Property [Webster Park, West Newton] (open space, community housing)
- Durant-Kenrick Homestead (historic resources) -- see also other Historic Newton projects
- Eddy Street [Newtonville/West Newton] (community housing)
- Elgin Street Conservation Land (open space)
- Elliot Street (Linden Green) [Newton Upper Falls] (community housing, historic resources)
- Falmouth & Jackson Roads [West Newton and Newton Corner] (community housing)
- Forte Park [Nonantum] (recreation)
- Flowed Meadow Conservation Area (open space)
Including: 30 Wabasso Street
- Gath Pool (recreation)
- Heritage Landscapes Report (historic resources, open space, recreation)
- Historic Preservation Guidelines (program administration)
- Houghton Garden (historic resources)
- Kesseler Woods (open space; housing as a secondary community benefit)
- Lexington Street (Parkview Homes) [Auburndale] (community housing)
- Local Historic Districts Signage [Newtonville & Newton Upper Falls] (historic resources)
- Memorial-Spaulding School, Kayla's Garden Outdoor Classroom (recreation)
- Museum Exterior Preservation (historic resources) - Historic Newton
- Newton Centre Library Building [most recently occupied by Newton Health Dept.] (historic resources)
- Newton Centre Playground (recreation)
- Newton Corner Library Building (historic resources)
- Newton Highlands Playground (recreation)
- Newton Senior Center Park (recreation)
- Newton Upper Falls Playground (recreation)
- Pearl Street [Newton Corner] (community housing)
- Pelham Street (Pelham House) [Newton Centre] (community housing)
- Recreation & Open Space Plan (open space)
- Stearns & Pellegrini Parks [Nonantum] (recreation)
- Warren House (historic resources)
- Washington Park Historic Lighting [Newtonville] (historic resources)
- Watertown Street (Nonantum Village Place) [Nonantum] (community housing)
- West Newton Common (recreation)
- West Street [Nonantum] (community housing)
- Wellington Park (recreation)
- Wyman Street Apartments [Waban] (community housing)
- West Suburban YMCA Historic Windows [Newton Corner] (historic resources)