The Massachusetts Community Preservation Act (CPA) provides local and state funds for affordable housing, historic resources, open space and recreation land. Click on any of this site's main links to learn more about the CPA and Newton's program.
Slide Show of Newton's Current CPA Proposals & Projects
(For a slide show of past Newton CPA projects by neighborhood, click here.)
- The agenda for the CPC meeting on Thursday, 6 October 2016 (7 pm, City Hall Room 204), includes only Committee business. No project decisions or proposal funding votes are scheduled. For the full agenda and pre-meeting packet, click here.
- Agenda requests and written materials for the CPC to read ahead of their next meetings are due on Monday, 17 October 2016 for either meeting in November: Thursday, 3 November 2016 or Thursday, 17 November 2016
NOTE: The first November meeting will include public hearings on full proposals received in this year's regular annual funding round. Unless more than 2 proposals are received, the November 17 meeting is likely to be canceled.
For submission deadlines and dates of later CPC meetings, use our Calendar link. Off-cycle full proposals are due 1 month prior to their requested public hearing dates -- significantly earlier than the regular deadlines.
Upcoming Funding Deadlines
Contact staff for assistance.
The required first steps in the funding process are an in-person orientation meeting with staff and discussion of a short pre-proposal with the CPC at one of its regular public meetings.
- Full proposals the CPC has already agreed to consider, based on its pre-proposal discussions, must be submitted by 4 pm on Friday, 30 September 2016 to be considered in the Fy17 funding round.
- Sponsors of projects aimed at funding rounds in Fy18 or later must:
- contact staff by 3 February 2017 to request an in-person orientation meeting
- submit a pre-proposal by 3 March 2017, for discussion with the CPC at one of the Committee's regular public meetings
- if the CPC invites submission of a full proposal, submit that proposal by 2 October 2017
- Sponsors are strongly encouraged to request orientation meetings and submit pre-proposals well ahead of the deadlines for their target rounds. The CPC has more time for thoughtful discussion of early pre-proposals, which can also help the Committee consider reserving current funds for future use.
- Alice E. Ingerson, Ph.D.,
Community Preservation Program Manager
Planning & Development Department, Newton City Hall, 1000 Commonwealth Ave., Newton, MA 02459
TDD / TTY: 617.796.1089
Slide Show of Newton's CPA Projects by Neighborhood (as of November 2012)
For a full-size PDF version of this slide show, click here.
Most files on this website are in PDF format. Download the free software needed to read these files by clicking on this link: http://www.adobe.com/products/reader/. If an apparent hyperlink in or to a PDF file no longer works, please ask staff for assistance in finding the document you need.