Nahanton Park (formerly Infirmary Land Park)
- Nahanton Street and Winchester Street entrances. Newton Highlands, 57.0 acres
- Large multi-use City park set on the Charles River, bordering Needham
- Nature Center building with restroom
- Accessible walkway system includes Florrie’s Path along river
- Picnic area, fishing dock, canoe launch, and meadow area/nature study
- Irrigated regulation soccer field and softball field (Winchester St.)
- City’s only ‘Community Gardens’ (Winchester St.)
Nahanton Park Activity Brochure
Alms House History & Alms House Landscape
****New In 2013***** Nahanton Park Picnic Permit
The Parks and Recreation Department issues permits for picnics in Nahanton Park located at the 455 Nahanton Street entrance- situated along the scenic Charles River.
The picnic area will accommodate groups of up to 50 people.
Permits are issued to Newton Residents Only, and may be obtained for weekdays and weekends, Memorial Day through Labor Day, or weekends only in April, May and September. the use of amplified music, live music and kiddy rides are not allowed without the specialty use permit and specific approval of the various departments that would be involved (legal, inspectional services, police, fire, health and EMS). Saturday and Weekday permits are available from 9:00 AM to 7:30 PM; Sunday permits are available from 10:00 AM to 7:30 PM.
To book a site: Please call 617.796.1500 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve an area, once the area is reserved, send in the application along with the payment, the processed permit will be returned to you via e-mail or in a self addressed stamped envelope.
Nahanton Park Picnic Application
Contact: Robin McLaughlin for picnic information