Underwood School

Underwood School Grounds are adjacent to

Farlow Park (established 1885, contiguous to Chaffin Park, Newton Corner Branch Library and Underwood School) Corner of Eldredge Street and Church Street, Newton Corner, Acres 5.0

  • Neighborhood park with large historic trees, dry pond area, footbridge, seating, lighted walkways
  • Newton’s first park, listed on the National Historic Register as part of the historic district
  • Designed by George Meacham, designer of the Boston Public Gardens
  • Farlow and Chaffin Parks Historic Landscape Preservation Master Plan, completed 2006
  • School-age play area with swings and new fenced pre-school play area with swings
  • Irrigated lawn areas, junior baseball field, elementary soccer field, half basketball courts (3)
  • On-street parking
Chaffin Park (contiguous to Newton Corner Branch Library and Farlow Park)
  • Corner of Vernon Street and Centre Street, Newton Corner, .75 acres
  • Small neighborhood park with lighted, accessible walkway, garden beds, seating, and game table
  • Farlow and Chaffin Parks, Historic Landscape Preservation Master Plan, completed 2006
  • On-street parking