Judy has been the Administrator of SMASH Volleyball since it's inception over 20 years ago
- High School and College Volleyball Official for 25 year
- Volleyball Chairperson for the Boston Board of Officials
- Past President of the Boston Board of Officials
- MIAA Girls and Boys Volleyball Tournament Director for Central Mass. (present)
- MIAA State Finals Boys Tournament Director for Mass. (present)
- Winner of the Judge Franklin Flashner Award from the City of Newton for contributions to the youth of Newton (1982)
- In 1997 inducted into the Northeast Agenda Women's Hall of Fame, in recognition of her outstanding accomplishments and contributions to the development of Women's Athletics
Email Program Administrator
SMASH VOLLEYBALL is one of the oldest Juniors Volleyball programs in New England. SMASH has shown serious respect for each athlete, family, team and coach in all areas of training and organization. In addition, for 20+ years SMASH has constanly maintained a position at the top of age-group performance performance results at the New England level and beyond.
SMASH VOLLEYBALL trains and enters teams in NE Region USAV Juniors competition. Some teams play outside New England. We have competitive tryouts and train the teams once/week (sometimes twice) from January through April/May/June. This season SMASH hopes to again sponsor teams which will practice 4 days/week, according to the successful 'National Model" of the top programs in the US. Our Sunday practices are 4-5 hours and this may include mandatory physical training.
SMASH athletes train and compete in their age groups. Players are selected on the basis of performance at the competitive tryouts. In 2010 we had players from 51 schools on our 10 teams. Teams train on Sundays, some on additional days. Competition ranges from the local, eastern Massachusetts area, to the New England, East Coast, and for some teams, national arena. Details of cost and schedule vary according to the exact team's schedule of practice and competition. In 2009-2010 the per/player cost ( all fees except personal expenses , eg food and miscellaneous while travelling) ranged from approximately $1100 to $4500 (our 17's 'National Model' program and our top 18's)