Level 4 Stroke Improvement
To develop participants’ confidence in the strokes learned in Level 3 and to improve other aquatic skills.
Valid American Red Cross Learn-to-Swim Level 3: Stroke Development certificate OR successful demonstration of all certification requirements from Level 3.
Demonstrate competency in all requires skills and activities including in-water skills. Successfully complete the following exit skills assessment:
- Perform a feetfirst entry into deep water, swim front crawl for 25 yards, change direction and position as necessary and swim elementary backstroke for 25 yards.
- Swim breaststroke for 15 yards, change direction and position as necessary and swim back crawl for 15 yards.
Learning Objectives of Level 4
- Headfirst entries from the side in compact and stride positions
- Swim under water
- Feetfirst surface dive
- Survival swimming
- Front crawl and backstroke open turns
- Tread water using 2 different kicks
- Front and back crawl, elementary backstroke, breaststroke, sidestroke and butterfly
- Flutter and dolphin kicks on back
- Learn to look carefully before entering the water
- Learn what to think about and do when exhausted or caught in a dangerous situation
- Learn to perform simple nonswimming assists
- Learn about recreational water illnesses and how to prevent them
Register on-line here