Directions to Newton City Hall
From the North, West & South
- Best route to Route 128.
- Proceed on Route 128 to Exit 24 (Route 30/ Commonwealth Avenue).
- If coming from the west take Mass Pike to Exit 14 (Route 128) and follow signs to Rt. 30 East
- At the end of the exit ramp, turn RIGHT onto Route 30 and go EAST towards Newton and Boston.
- Proceed on Route 30 for 3.1 miles
- Newton City Hall will be the large brick building on the right.
From the East
- Take the Mass Pike or Commonwealth Avenue WEST towards Newton.
- Leave the Mass Pike at Exit 17 (Newton-Watertown). Stay in the middle lane at the end of the exit ramp and go straight ahead onto Washington Street.
- Continue on Washington Street for 1.3 miles to Walnut Street.
- Turn LEFT onto Walnut Street and drive SOUTH for 1.1 miles.
(You will see the LIBRARY across the street at the corner of Homer and Walnut Streets.) Turn RIGHT onto Homer Street and drive past the Library to the adjacent parking lot on the left.
- City Hall will be across the street from the Library parking lot. Visit the Library after you've wrapped up your business at City Hall!
Newton City Hall is about a mile from the Green Line (D Branch) stops at Newton Centre and Newton Highlands. It is also about a mile from the Newtonville Commuter Rail (Purple Line) stop. The #59 MBTA Bus stops at City Hall and connects to the Newtonville and Newton Highlands stops along Walnut Street. This bus runs approximately every half hour. For detailed MBTA information and schedules visit MBTA.com.
City Hall is about a 20-25 minute walk from Newtonville and Newton Highlands along Walnut Street.
The accessible entrance for Newton City Hall can be found off the Homer Street parking lot (across the street from the library). This parking lot includes several accessible parking spaces. Free manual wheelchairs are also available on a first- come, first served basis. One wheelchair is located on the first floor storage closet (when exiting the elevator this closet is on your immediate right). The other wheelchair can be found behind the volunteer desk in the rotunda. The rotunda is located on the first floor of City Hall and can be reached using the City Hall Drive entrance. If you need to borrow a wheelchair while at City Hall please return it after your visit.