The archives at Historic Newton include the records of organziations listed below.
Smaller collections of materials on other Newton organizations can be found in the vertical files.
Please note: The Archives at Historic Newton are closed indefinitely due to ongoing renovation work. We invite you to read about the project progress on our blog,"Action in the Archives."
- Carpenters & Joiners of America Local 680, 1900-1940
- Elliot Debating Society, 1855-1871
- Highland Glee Club, 1920-1963
- Lamplight Club, 1914-1990
- Mother’s Club of Newton, 1905-1987
- Mother’s Council of West Newton, 1922-1981
- Newton Auxiliary of Frances E. Willard Homes, 1929-1980
- Newton Centre Improvement Association 1878-1926
- Newton Centre Tree Club 1853-1859
- Newton Choral Society, 1920-1928
- Newton Community Club, 1950-1988
- Newton Conservators 1961-1990
- Newton Hebrew Ladies Aid Association, 1939-1976
- Newton Natural History Society, 1883-1890
- Newton Visiting Nurses Records 1898-1997
- Newtowne Club, 1929-1953
- Newtonville Improvement Association 1904-1965
- Oak Hill District Improvement Association, 1949-66
- Prudential Committee of the First School District 1869-70
- Second Church West Newton, Massachusetts Records. 1701-1981
- Samuel Francis Smith Homestead Society Papers 1956-1996
- Waban Improvement Society, 1940s - 1980s
- Waban Woman’s Club Records 1896-1984
- Wednesday Club, 1896-1945
- West Newton English and Classical School Papers 1862-1900
- West Newton Garden Club, 1962-1979
- West Newton Women's Educational Club, 1880-1961
- Women’s Benevolent Society of the First Church, 1940-1971
Smaller collections of materials on other Newton organizations can be found in the vertical files. For research, please contact Sara Goldberg at 617-796-1462 or email@example.com.