Please note: The Archives at Historic Newton are closed indefinitely due to ongoing renovation work. We invite you to read about the project progress on our blog,"Action in the Archives."
The archives at Historic Newton include the records of organziations listed below.
Smaller collections of materials on other Newton organizations can be found in the vertical files.
- Carpenters & Joiners of America Local 680, 1900-1940
- Elliot Debating Society, 1855-1871
- Highland Glee Club, 1920-1963
- Lamplight Club, 1914-1990
- Mother’s Club of Newton, 1905-1987
- Mother’s Council of West Newton, 1922-1981
- Newton Auxiliary of Frances E. Willard Homes, 1929-1980
- Newton Centre Improvement Association 1878-1926
- Newton Centre Tree Club 1853-1859
- Newton Choral Society, 1920-1928
- Newton Community Club, 1950-1988
- Newton Conservators 1961-1990
- Newton Hebrew Ladies Aid Association, 1939-1976
- Newton Natural History Society, 1883-1890
- Newton Visiting Nurses Records 1898-1997
- Newtowne Club, 1929-1953
- Newtonville Improvement Association 1904-1965
- Oak Hill District Improvement Association, 1949-66
- Prudential Committee of the First School District 1869-70
- Second Church West Newton, Massachusetts Records. 1701-1981
- Samuel Francis Smith Homestead Society Papers 1956-1996
- Waban Improvement Society, 1940s - 1980s
- Waban Woman’s Club Records 1896-1984
- Wednesday Club, 1896-1945
- West Newton English and Classical School Papers 1862-1900
- West Newton Garden Club, 1962-1979
- West Newton Women's Educational Club, 1880-1961
- Women’s Benevolent Society of the First Church, 1940-1971
Smaller collections of materials on other Newton organizations can be found in the vertical files. For research, please contact Sara Goldberg at email@example.com.