Sunday, May 17, 2015
Noon - 5:00 p.m.
Historic Newton's annual House Tour is one of the city's most anticipated annual events. The tour features a select group of remarkable Newton home and non-commercial properties that showcase excellence in historic preservation, restoration, and creative modern interpretation and adaptation in a broad range of architectural and interior design styles. The House Tour also generates financial support for Historic Newton. This year we are pleased to include the Newton House Tour in the May 2015 Festival of the Arts.
Purchase your tickets today and save!
Purchase your tickets online or order them by telephone by calling 617-796-1463.
Advance House Tour Admission until May 15
$35 General Admission
$25 for Historic Newton Members
House Tour Admission after May 15
$40 General Admission
$30 for Historic Newton Members.
All tickets will be held for pick-up on the day of the House Tour. Tickets will be available under the purchaser's name beginning at 10 a.m. on Sunday, May 17, 2015 at the Durant-Kenrick House at 286 Waverley Ave. Homes on the House Tour will open to visitors at noon. Because the House Tour is a fundraiser for Historic Newton, all ticket sales are final and non-refundable. We thank you for your understanding.
Volunteer during the House Tour
If you would like a free ticket to the House Tour, sign up as a House Tour volunteer! We need volunteers to help us prepare materials the week before the tour, help with set-up and clean-up the day of the tour, hand out tickets at the box office, and guide visitors through homes on the tour. Volunteers sign up for 3-hour shifts and receive a free Newton House Tour ticket in thanks for service. Contact Hannah Weisman at 617-796-1463 or email@example.com if you would like to volunteer or if you have questions.
Information for Tour-Goers
- Addresses of the homes on the House Tour are only revealed on the day of the Tour to protect the privacy of our gracious homeowners.
- Tickets will be available for pick-up beginning at 10 a.m. on the day of the Newton House Tour (Sunday, May 17) at the Durant-Kenrick House and Grounds at 286 Waverley Avenue in Newton. Tour-goers receive wristbands, which serve as proof of admission at each home on the House Tour.
- Homes on the House Tour will open at noon and remain open until 5 p.m. Tour-goers may visit the homes in any order. A map with a suggested route is included in the House Tour booklet which is provided at ticket pick-up.
- Tour-goers are responsible for following all parking regulations; illegally parked cars will be ticketed or towed at the owner's expense.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult and supervised at all times.
- Restrooms will be available at the Durant-Kenrick House and Grounds and the Jackson Homestead and Museum from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. during the House Tour and at the Newton Free Library from 1 to 5 p.m. Tour-goers are not permitted to use the bathrooms in the homes on the House Tour.
- Tour-goers must assume full responsibility for protecting their own safety and the property of others while on the House Tour. We reserve the right to ask tour-goers to leave the House Tour if necessary.
- Volunteer greeters at each home will check for tour-goers wristbands. Tour-goers must have wristbands to enter homes on the House Tour.
- Shoe covers are required in some of the homes to protect carpets and floors. The House Tour booklet indicates which homes require shoe covers. All tour-goers receive a pair of shoe covers at ticket pick-up.
- To protect furnishings and homeowners' privacy, tour-goers are not permitted to take indoor photographs; to bring food, drinks, or strollers into the homes; to open drawers or doors; or to use the homes' private telephones or restrooms.
Contact Hannah Weisman at 617-796-1463 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the House Tour.
Special thanks to all of the 2014 House Tour Sponsors for a successful event. Please consider working with our generous sponsors on your next project: