| |Sorry, this page has moved!
Please click here to go to the new location.
An Exhibit of the Newton History Museum at the Jackson Homestead May 2003 to January 2004
- AskArt, "The Artists Blue Book." http://www.askart.com/company/database.asp
- Fairbrother, Trevor. The Bostonians. Museum of Fine Arts; Boston, Massachusetts: Distributed by Northeastern University Press, 1986.
- Gammell, R. H. Ives. Boston Painters, 1900-1930. Ed. Elizabeth Ives Hunter. Orleans, Ma.: Parnassus Imprints, 1986
- Hiesinger, Ulrich W. Edwin Lord Weeks, Visions of India. New York: Vance Jordan Fine Art, Inc.. 2002.
- Jarzombek, Nancy Allyn. Boston Art Club 1855-1950. Boston, Massachusetts: Vose Galleries of Boston, 2000.
- Jarzombek, Nancy Allyn. The Nineteenth Century, Rediscovering American Painters of New England and New York. Boston, Massachusetts: Vose Galleries of Boston, 1999.
- Korzenik, Diana. Drawn to Art : A Nineteenth Century American Dream. Hanover N.H.: University Press of New England, 1985.
- Lee, Ellen Wardwell assisted by Martin F. Krause, Jr. William McGregor Paxton 1869-1941. Indianapolis, Indiana: Indianapolis Museum of Art, 1979.
- Meyer, Marilee Boyde. Inspiring Reform, Boston's Arts and Crafts Movement. Wellesley, Massachusetts: Davis Museum and Cultural Center, Wellesley College; New York : Distributed by Harry N. Abrams, c1997
- Pierce, Sally, and Catherina Slautterback. Boston Lithography 1825-1880. Boston: Boston Athenaeum Library, 1991.
- Robinson, Frank T. Living New England Artists. Boston: Samuel E. Cassino, 1888.
- Stephan, Sharon Paiva. The Visual Art of Celia Leighton Thaxter. Portsmouth, New Hampshire: Peter E. Randall Publisher, 2001.