Presented by the Newton Human Rights Commission
Every April the Newton Human Rights Commission takes time to honor the memory of the victims of genocide and reaffirm our commitment to counter intolerance that leads to group-targeted violence. Through education we hope to help turn "Again and Again" into "Never Again."
What can I do to help?
- Learn more: Educate yourself and others about past genocides and places currently experiencing or at risk of genocide or related crimes against humanity.
- Join or support organizations dedicated to genocide prevention, education, relief efforts, and survivor advocacy.
- Contact the media and tell them you want better coverage of places experiencing or at risk of genocide or related crimes against humanity.
- Reach out to decision-makers. Talk about the need to provide humanitarian assistance, protect civilians, stop the violence, and promote peaceful solutions to crises.
- Learn about what people are doing in their community to confront genocide.