Human Services Department
The Community Social Worker provides the following
to Newton residents in need:
• Information and referrals
• Outreach services
• Connections with private, public and other city
• Education and support
CRISIS OR EMERGENCY INTERVENTION
When an emergency or crisis occurs, the Community
Social Worker may be able to refer or assist Newton
• Emergency oil
• Utility shut-offs
• Emergency shelter
• Emergency food
• Financial assistance
• Legal referrals
• Mental health referrals for families and youth
• Domestic violence
ASSISTING INCOME-ELIGIBLE RESIDENTS
The Community Social Worker can assist residents in
the application process and obtaining the proper
documentation to apply for:
• Food stamps
• Mass Health
• Fuel assistance
|The Health and Human Services Department is the intake site for the Fuel Assistance |
This is a Federal program administered by Action for Boston Community
Fuel assistance is completed for the 2013-14 season. Information will be available in the fall about appointments for the winter 2014-15 season.
QUICK COMMUNITY LINKS
|o Food Pantries |
o Fuel Assistance
o Newton Community Life!
Newton Youth Services is here to:
• Create and encourage communication about youth
issues and problems
• Assess needs and gaps in youth services in Newton
and find resources/solutions to address them
• Inform community members about Newton resources
• Create and implement avenues for youth voices to be
heard in our community
• Increase connections and collaborations among
organizations that currently provide youth services
For more details please visit the following links:
• Youth Commission
• Youth Services
• Summer Youth Internships
Click Here for more information!
Upcoming Youth Commission Meetings:
- November 12, 2014
- December 10, 2014
All Youth Commission Meetings are open to the public.
Click Here for more information about the
Youth Commission and Meeting Minutes.
Youth Applications to join the commission can be found here.
Adults interested in joining the Advisory Board please submit a resume.
|Upcoming Newton Teen Voices Meetings: |
- October 22, 2014 - Health and Human Services office in City Hall 5:30-7
- October 29, 2014 - Health and Human Services office in City Hall 5:30-7
- November 12, 2014 - Senior Center dining room 345 Walnut Street 5-6:30
Newton Teen Voices meets at 5:30 every Wednesday. We meet in the Health and Human
Services Department in City Hall except the second Wednesday of each month when we meet at the Senior Center before Youth Commission meetings. Click Here for more
information about Newton Teen Voices.