| |Sorry, this page has moved!
Please click here to go to the new location.
- Residents will place their normal household trash in the blue 64-gallon cart on their regularly scheduled trash collection day. All trash must be placed in the container or will not be collected. Trash outside the cart WILL NOT BE COLLECTED. Extra trash?
- Residents will place ALL their Recyclables all together in the green 64-gallon cart.
- Place carts curbside (handles facing house) and away from trees, poles, etc. by 7am on your collection day. Collections are delayed one day after a holiday.
- Yard waste collections occur weekly on your collection day mid-April through early-December.
- Bulky items (material that is too large to fit into the cart) require a special pick up and a request must be scheduled by 3:30pm the business day BEFORE your collection day. Click here to make a request.
- Appliances and Electronics also require a special pick up, please click here to schedule
- Construction and Demolition (C&D) Materials are not considered household trash and are not collected as part of the curbside program, please see our C&D Recycling and Reuse Guide for more information.
- The carts provided belong to the City of Newton and will be repaired or replaced if the damage is from the contractor or is normal wear and tear. Please contact Waste Management at 1 800-972-4545 if your cart needs a repair. If the cart is damaged as a result of neglect or abuse, or if the cart is missing, the resident will be responsible for replacement. Serial numbers are printed on each cart and identified as being assigned to that residence.