How to request a pick up
- Review list of accepted materials.
- Schedule a collection with Newton's Customer Service at City Hall. Payments must be received by the end of business on Friday before a collection can be scheduled. Pickups will be made on Wednesdays barring holidays or weather events.
- Payments can be made by check, cash, debit or credit card at City Hall. Payment must be received before your items will be scheduled.
- Please note that once a request has been scheduled and paid for, there are no refunds given.
- Please contact Newton Customer Service at 617-796-1000 if you have additional questions.
There is a charge of $25.00* per stop, which includes 1 TV or computer monitor. The collections occur on Wednesdays, unless otherwise noted, and requests must be made by end of business day on Friday. Once scheduled, please place out to the curb by Wednesday at 7:00 a.m. or as early as Tuesday after 4:00 p.m. to ensure collection.
Bulky trash (furniture, mattresses, rug, etc.) are a separate pick up, please click here to schedule a Bulky Waste collection.
*For additional TVs or monitors, there is a $18.00 charge per item.
- Residents can bring appliances, freon, and other metal items (washers/dryers, refrigerators, freezers, water heaters, A/Cs, metal cabinets) to the Recycling Depot free-of-charge (Monday - Saturday 7:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.)
- T.V.'s and Monitors can be brought to Recycling Depot with a paid receipt obtained from Customer Service at City Hall
- Many stores and manufacturers also offer FREE recycling programs for electronics and computers:
- Reconnect at Goodwill recycles electronic equipment from Massachusetts residents at no charge.
- U.S. EPA website.
- Staples accepts computers, monitors and accessories (no TVs) at no charge.
- If your item is working, you can also see if it can be donated or posted on our reusable materials exchange, please see our Recyclopedia for guidance.