How to request a pick up
- Or or you can schedule the pickup through Newton's Customer Service at City Hall. Payments can be made by check, cash, debit or credit card at City Hall. Payments must be received before your items will be scheduled. Payments online will automatically generate a request, no additional step is required. You will receive an email with information about the collection date.
- Payments must be received by the end of business on Friday before a collection can be scheduled.
- Pickups will be made on Wednesdays barring holidays or weather events. For weeks where there is a holiday that falls on a Wednesday, the pickup will be made on Thursday.
- In the case of weather events, we will contact you concerning the rescheduled pickup date.
- Please note that once a request has been scheduled and paid for, there are no refunds given.
- Please contact Newton Customer Service at 617-796-1000 if you have additional questions.
There is a charge of $25.00* per stop, which includes 1 TV or computer monitor. The collections occur on Wednesdays, unless otherwise noted, and requests must be made by end of business day on Friday. Once scheduled, please place out to the curb by Wednesday at 7:00 a.m. or as early as Tuesday after 4:00 p.m. to ensure collection.
Bulky trash (furniture, mattresses, rug, etc.) are a separate pick up, please click here to schedule a Bulky Waste collection.
*For additional TVs or monitors, there is a $18.00 charge per item.
- Residents can bring appliances, freon, and other metal items (washers/dryers, refrigerators, freezers, water heaters, A/Cs, metal cabinets) to the Resource Recovery Center free-of-charge (Monday - Saturday 7:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.)
- T.V.'s and Monitors can be brought to Resource Recovery Center with proof of payment - either a printed receipt or payment confirmation shown from your mobile device.
- Many stores and manufacturers also offer FREE recycling programs for electronics and computers:
- Reconnect at Goodwill recycles electronic equipment from Massachusetts residents at no charge.
- U.S. EPA website.
- Staples accepts computers, monitors and accessories (no TVs) at no charge.