Appliances, Electronics, Metal Items
To have an appliance, electronic, or metal item (such as freezers, refrigerators, washer/dryers, A/Cs, metal cabinet, water heaters, grills, lawn mowers, computers or TVs) collected curbside, you will need to contact our vendor, CRT Recycling, to request a pick up. See below for drop-off options.
Click here to see brochure mailed to all Newton households
There is a charge of $12* per stop, which includes 1 TV or computer monitor. The pickups occur every other Saturdays, unless otherwise noted, and requests must be made by Wednesday at 5pm for the Saturday pick up. Payments must also be made before your item(s) will be collected. Once scheduled, please place out to the curb by Saturday at 7am or as early as Friday after 4pm to ensure pick up.
Bulky trash (furniture, mattresses, rug, etc.) are a separate pick up, please click here for a Bulky Waste collection.
*For additional TVs or monitors, there is a $12 charge per item.
How to request a pick up
- Review list of accepted materials.
- Schedule a pickup. Collections occur every other Saturday, they will confirm your pick up date. During regular (non-holiday) weeks, requests must be made by 5pm on Wednesdays for a Saturday pick up.
- Online (If you submit a request online, you DO NOT need to call to request, too.)
- Over the Phone, call 617-796-1904
- Make a payment. Payment must be made before your items will be collected.
- If you schedule online, you will be directed to make a payment online (PayPal)
- Or, you may choose to mail a check directly to the recycler: CRT Recycling
PO Box 294
Raynham, MA 02767
- Residents can bring appliances, freon, and other metal items (washers/dryers, refrigerators, freezers, water heaters, A/Cs, metal cabinets) to the Recycling Depot free-of-charge (M-F 7:30am-2:30pm, Sat 7:30am-12:30pm)
- Many stores and manufacturers also offer recycling programs for electronics and computers. Best Buy offers FREE recycling for TVs and Computer Monitors! For additional stores and information, please visit our Recyclopedia.
- One Friday and one Saturday a month, we will accept all appliances AND electronic items (computers, printers, scanners, toaster ovens, coffee makers, “anything with a plug”) for recycling free-of-charge. There will be a $12 charge to recycle each TV and Monitor. Newton businesses, non-profits, and private schools are welcome to use this service. Click here for dates.
- If your item is working, you can also see if it can be donated or posted on our reusable materials exchange, please see our Recyclopedia for guidance.
Special Friday/Saturday Drop-Offs for Computers and Electronics
Held at the Recycling Depot at Rumford Ave Review list of Accepted Materials
There will be a $12 charge to recycle each TV or computer monitor, all other appliances and electronics accepted free-of-charge. Check or cash accepted, made payable to "CRT Recycling".
|January 17, 2014
||January 18, 2014
|December 19, 2014
||December 20, 2014
Newton businesses, non-profits, and private schools are welcome to use this service.
Want to donate working computers and electronics? Check out our Recyclopedia.