The City of Newton’s official website is a public service provided by the City to inform, educate, and enlighten citizens about City services, functions, operations, activities, projects, and events. Additionally, this website provides external links to websites containing information of relevance and interest to Newton citizens. This site is not intended to function as a public forum. Links, and their placement or location within this website, are within the sole discretion of the City of Newton, and may be removed or discontinued by the City at any time and without notice.
The City of Newton may, at its discretion, provide links to websites that generally meet the following criteria:
- Organizations supported financially by the City of Newton.
- Organizations that support or partner with the City of Newton.
- Non-profit or public organizations that have a relationship to the City of Newton.
- Sites maintained by local, state and federal governments.
- Corporate or for-profit organizations that support, partner with or have a relationship with the City of Newton.
- Commercial entities that sponsor events in the community or offer activities, services or events of interest to Newton citizens.
- Public Safety sites.
- Utility service companies serving citizens of the City of Newton.
- Generally recognized community councils and organizations.
- Arts, cultural, sports, major festivals and similar organizations or events of general interest to Newton citizens.
The City will NOT provide links to:
- Sites that are not generally consistent with the above-stated criteria, or the purpose of the City’s website.
- Candidate sites or sites advocating a position on City or other ballot issues.
- Political organizations or Political Action Committees.
- Sites advocating or containing hate speech, discrimination, harassment or illegal activity.
- Sites that are or contain content that is obscene as defined by M.G.L. c. 272, § 31.
- Sites containing illegal materials, including, but not limited to, sites containing materials that violate federal copyright and trade mark or intellectual property laws.
- Websites that violate any policy or ordinance of the City of Newton, or any local, state or federal law or policy.
It should be noted that this is not a complete list of sites to which the City will not provide links, and the City reserves the right to amend this policy at any time.
Guidelines for linking to newtonma.gov:
The City of Newton welcomes links to its website, but requests that the following guidelines be observed:
- Do not capture pages from the City of Newton’s website within frames.
- The City’s data is constantly updated, therefore, do not cut and paste data from the City of Newton’s website into your site.
- Do not represent any content from the City of Newton’s website as your own.
- Linking to the City of Newton’s website does not indicate that the City endorses a product, site or service, nor may you state or imply that the City of Newton endorses a product, site or service.
The City of Newton is not responsible for the content, quality, accuracy or completeness of any off-site materials referenced or linked through the City's website. These links are provided solely for convenience and do not constitute the City of Newton’s endorsement of, or support for any web pages, sites, organization, products, policies, services or information on such sites. The City is not responsible for any materials stored on other websites, nor is it liable for any inaccurate, defamatory, offensive or illegal materials found on other websites. The City of Newton has made every effort to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the information provided on its website. However, the City recognizes the possibility of human and/or mechanical error that is beyond the City's control, therefore, the City does not guarantee the accuracy of the information provided on its website and is not liable for reliance on this information. The City of Newton’s website and its contents are the property of the City of Newton.